Peter F. Rottgers
Firm Number: 816-525-7881
Cell Number: 816-944-9393
Peter Rottgers joined Lauber Municipal Law, LLC, in 2016. He primarily practices in the areas of general municipal law, municipal prosecution, and consults with and represents clients through administrative and judicial litigation. Peter began his legal career as a staff attorney at Legal Aid of Western Missouri, where he gained extensive litigation experience as he represented clients before the Missouri Courts of Appeals, the Circuit and Probate Courts of 18 counties, and a multitude of government agencies. He decided to attend law school following stints working for horse racing lobbyists in Austin, Texas and for an international criminal law firm in London, UK. Peter grew up all over the country, but now lives in Kansas City.
University of Kentucky, J.D., 2012
- The Kentucky Journal of Equine, Agriculture, & Natural Resources Law, Editorial Staff
- University of Kentucky Legal Clinic
- Litigation Skills Award for Best Motion Practice
Wake Forest University, Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy, 2008
Relevant Legal Experience
- Serves as City Prosecutor for the Missouri cities of Appleton City, Lowry City, and Crystal Lakes.
- Serves as assistant City Prosecutor for the Missouri cities of Windsor, East Lynne, and Creighton.
- Represented Cities in condemnation, inverse-condemnation, quiet-title, and tort actions.
- Regularly assists clients with contested administrative hearings and contract disputes.
- Provides assistance for economic development and TIF projects.
- Represented municipal clients in matters pertaining to the purchase and sale of real estate.
- Experienced in contract review and negotiation.
- Has conducted in excess of one hundred contested hearings and trials.
The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely on advertisements. This disclosure is required by rule of the Supreme Court of Missouri.